(MINT Thread Lift)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is a MINT Thread Lift?
A MINT Thread Lift is a minimally invasive procedure that uses absorbable threads to redefine and restore lost elasticity and volume in the face for a youthful appearance. It is less invasive than traditional facelift surgery – it is more convenient, involves less risk and is less expensive.
2. What exactly does the MINT Thread Lift do?
The MINT Thread Lift does two things; firstly, the threads cause tension in the skin that gives an immediate lifting effect. Secondly the material that the threads are made from, PDO, stimulates the production of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid in the skin which creates firmer skin.
3. Who is suitable for this procedure?
The MINT Thread Lift is recommended for both men and women, over the age of 30 who are showing signs of ageing, but do not want to undergo a full facelift or any heavy invasive surgery. The MINT Thread Lift treatment exists as a non-surgical alternative to invasive surgery. It is basically a non-surgical facelift that can create beautiful, natural-looking results.
4. Which areas can be treated with a MINT Thread Lift?
The MINT Thread Lift can be used to treat many different areas of the face:
• Facial Contour: This redefines the contour of the face, firming up the skin and giving a fuller look to cheeks.
• Lower Jaw: The contour of the face regains definition and cheeks are redefined.
• Neck: This provides more definition and a stronger contour giving a sleeker appearance.
• Cheeks and Cheekbones: The cheeks and cheekbones appear fuller and the nasolabial fold is reduced.
• Eyebrows: This opens up the eyes, and raises the outer edge of the eyebrow.
5. What does the procedure involve?
A small injection of local anaesthetic is applied to the area being treated, then the thread is placed under the skin. This is done usually through a small incision or with a fine needle. Once the thread is in place, slight compression of the tissue is performed to reshape it by hand and to obtain the desired lifting effect and skin tightening.
6. How long does a MINT Thread lift take?
The MINT Thread Lift procedure takes approximately 30-60 minutes.
7. Is the treatment painful?
Local anaesthetic is used to minimise any discomfort.
8. What can I expect after the MINT Thread Lift?
You may experience some slight swelling or bruising which subside within a few days. Some discomfort may be experienced but can be managed with paracetamol. Your practitioner may prescribe a course of antibiotics to guard against any potential infection.
9. When can I expect to see results, and how long do they last?
Results can be seen immediately and will continue improve over time. The full results can be seen around 6-12 weeks post procedure and will last approximately 12 months, but this can vary depending on the individual.
10. What are the side effects of a MINT Thread Lift?
With any treatment there is always the possibility of some side effects. After treatment there may be swelling, bruising, redness, pain, discolouration or tenderness where the threads are placed. There can also be puckering/irregularity of the skin; all of these reactions usually resolve spontaneously within several days after the treatment. There is also a potential risk of infection.
11. How much does it cost?
From $2500* all inclusive.
12. Is there patient financing?
Patient financing is completely independent from the clinic. For patients wanting affordable payment plans please apply directly with Total Lifestyle Credit. This facility is subject to approval. Our advice to all patients is to be financially responsible when undertaking finance for elective surgical procedures.