On the day of your surgery, remember to bring:
- Appropriate clothes. Wear a zip-up or button-up loose top, elastic waisted pants, cotton underwear, and easy to put on non-slip slippers or slip on shoes.
- Identification: Medicare card, Driver’s License
- Cash: Generally $100 for medications and any necessities
- Mobile phone – ensure it is fully charged as you will not be able to charge it at the facility
- Sunglasses – it can be very bright leaving the facility after surgery, especially when you feel sluggish from the anaesthetic
- Your carer – you are not able to go home alone, so if you do not have a carer for the first 24 hours, you cannot have your procedure
- A pillow in the car – the ride home may be more comfortable with a pillow cuddled up to your chest below the seatbelt.