On arrival at the facility you will be:
- Taken to the admission room and prepared for surgery
- Asked to confirm your identification
- Given your theatre attire (gown, hat) and fitted for TED stockings
- Tested for baseline observations (blood pressure, temperature, oxygen levels, weight)
- Asked what time you last ate or drank, and many other relevant questions such as allergies, medications, caps and crowns, etc.
Your specialist anaesthetist and surgeon will arrive, giving you the opportunity to discuss and confirm the plan for surgery with them. You may also be asked to again sign to confirm consent.
Finally, you will be attended to by a nurse who will secure your belongings and escort you to the operating theatre.